Nice try, Flora. But I have about 20 "phantom" icons in the System Tray List affiliated with programs that were uninstalled with Revo Uninstaller, which supposedly does a more thorough job of removing program components than the Add/Remove Programs option on the Control Panel. None of these phantom or leftover icons have corresponding entries listed on the Processes page of Windows Task Manager.

Gerald
----- Original Message ----- From: "Flor Lynch" <florl...@iol.ie>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 05, 2009 8:29 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Sidebar to stopping Email icon in system tray

There are some programs that have entries in msconfig - which can mean that, if the program was still running in the background when you 'uninstalled' it, it wasn't completely removed. You would therefore need to completely close such a program before removing it. The alt+ctrl+del menu (End Program menu) is a way to access such programs, and the process you desire to close can be closed from the list of processes there by arrowing to and then tabbing to and entering on the end Process button. (make sure that you have identified the process you are ending when doing this.)

So, if an uninstalled program wasn't completely uninstalled, you could reinstall it and then remove it, properly by, also, implementing the steps i have indicated above.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerald Levy" <bwaylimi...@verizon.net>