Hi Mich,

I don't think that Web page not found issue is an IE problem. I seem to be having a lot of that trouble here on a two year old Vista machine with Jaws 9 and IE but I don't seem to be having the same trouble with a much older XP machine at work, mind you I don't do anything like as much browsing at work. This seems to be recent, a couple of months recent and I am also finding that Jaws seems to lock up and I have to just push the power button to kill and restart the computer. This is almost exclusively while on the Web. I also get a lot of those failure messages and when I close the tab IE reports there was an error on the page and the tab is recovered. Sometimes this recovery fails and we go around again maybe several times. I have an impression it is something to do with how Java Script is being handled but I don't really have much proof for it. Jaws may have something to do with it too because sometimes I get an Unknown script to say line or next line or what ever as I try to manipulate the arrow keys to figure out what might be on the screen.

What I am saying is that the upgrades may be of value but they may not solve those problems you are having.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mich" <m...@ntl.sympatico.ca>
To: "jaws-users-list @jaws-users.com" <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2010 1:27 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] question about upgrading IE and jaws.

Hi all. I am running IE 6 and jaws 7.0 on a windows xp home pc. I have the following questions. I know that IE 6 is no longer being supported by sights like youtube and a lot of others. I have found that when I go to a lot of web pages it says can't find server etc. My question then is this. If I wanted to upgrade IE Witch version should I upgrade to and would this mien that I would have to upgrade my jaws as well? I think it would but I am just not sure. and right now I don't have 3 or 400 dollars to fork over to fs for the upgrade. Right now IE 6 and jaws 7 are working fine for me, and you know the old saying if it isn't broke then don't fix it. but it was just a question that I had so I figured that I would ask it hear. many thanks. from Mich.