Your best bet is to check all your hot keys. You can do this with a little free utility called Hot Key Detective which lists all the hot keys on your computer and lets you delete or change them. You can download it from the JAWS UsersPrograms page. It's item 33 under the Utilities heading.

http://www.jaws-users.com/programs/

Gerald

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Marie Medlar" <amedl...@gmail.com>
To: "Jaws Users List" <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 8:08 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] JFW assigned Hot keys

Hello,
This is a long post and might be confusing. I have a conflict with hot key alt+control+j meaning it is defined somehwere but I cannot find it.

I have XP pro and latest JFW 12.
Is there a command I can use to list all hot keys on my PC?
I have Jaws 9, 11 and 12 on my PC with each version with a ICon on desktop.
I use alt+control+k for JFW9
alt+control+l for JFW 11
alt+control+m for JFW 12
I type alt+control+j and nothing happens so I conclude that the this key is
not in use.
When I unload JFW and use the above keys they all work.  I confirm each
version by going to jaws window and reading the current line.
I type alt+control+k
go to desktop, Highlight Jfw9, alt+enter for properties, virtualize window:
JAWS 9.0 Properties
ShortcutGeneral Compatibility
JAWS 9.0
Target type: Application
Target location: 9.0
Target: ram Files\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\9.0\jfw.exe"
Start in:
Shortcut key: Ctrl + Alt + K
Run: Normal window
Comment:
Find Target... Change Icon... Advanced...
OK Cancel Apply
end of virtualized window
Then I type alt+control+l, go to desktop, Highlight Jfw11, alt+enter for
properties, virtualize window:
JAWS 11.0 Properties
ShortcutGeneral Compatibility
JAWS 11.0
Target type: Application
Target location: 11.0
Target: am Files\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\11.0\jfw.exe"
Start in:
Shortcut key: Ctrl + Alt + L
Run: Normal window
Comment:
Find Target... Change Icon... Advanced...
OK Cancel Apply
End of virtualized window
I type alt+control+m and follow same procedure:
JAWS 12.0 Properties
ShortcutGeneral Compatibility
JAWS 12.0
Target type: Application
Target location: 12.0
Target: am Files\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\12.0\jfw.exe"
Start in:
Shortcut key: Ctrl + Alt + M
Run: Normal window
Comment:
Find Target... Change Icon... Advanced...
OK Cancel Apply
end of virtualized window
All is fine but I want JFW 12 to be alt+control+j.  I go in and change hot
key from m to j.  I unload Jaws and retype alt+control+j and virtualize
window:
JAWS
Options Utilities Language Help
JAWS Version 12.0.522

All is fine I unload JFW 12 and type alt+control+j and version 12 is
launched.
I restart my PC, Jaws 12 is launched.
I unload J12 and type alt+control+j and it is back to version 11.
Now I will change Jaws hot key for 12 from J to M and then restart and see what happens.
Jaws 12 launched.  I unload and reload and Jaws is 12.
I type alt+control+j and Jaws 11 launches. How can I find where this alt+control+j is defined?
Sorry if post is confusing.
Ann