From: "Mike & Barbara In Arcadia" <mb69ma...@charter.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 12:12 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] CCleaner not reading check boxes

HI Pam;

Below are some steps on using CCleaner that were posted by
Brian Lee a while
back.

Hi Lisa,

Yes, CCleaner works very well with JAWS 9.  The program is
set up in a
standard dialog box structure where you can use the tab key
and shift-tab to
move forward and backward through a dialog box.  You can
also use Alt key
with the underlined letter of a control to activate it so
that you don't
have to tab to the control and press spacebar or enter.  For
example, Alt-R
activates the "Run" button, which starts the scanning and
removal process
for the page of the dialog box that is active, which is the
Windows page
when you first start the program.  When you first use the
program and press
Alt-R a child dialog box will appear with the OK button in
focus.  If you
use the tab key you can move to a checkbox for telling the
program not to
show this confirmation box, and check it by pressing
spacebar.  After
checking the box tab to the OK button and press spacebar.
JAWS will
announce the percentage of completion as the program scans
and removes
items, but quite often after hearing "100 percent" scanning
and removal will
begin for another area of the computer, so you should wait a
few seconds
after hearing JAWS say 100 percent to see if it starts
announcing percentage
progress again.  If you route the JAWS cursor to the PC
cursor, do a page
up, and use down arrow to the line under where the "Windows
tab and
applications tab" are shown, you will hear whether or not
cleaning is
complete.  This might vary a little on different systems,
but the scanning
complete notice should be given on a line not far under the
page tabs.

After you have made PC cursor active again you can use tab
or shift tab to
move to where JAWS says "Windows tab" and use right arrow to
move to the
Applications page tab.  Use Alt-R again to run the program
in this page.

Before running the program you probably want to set the
program to only
remove the types of items you want removed.  After opening
the program and
before invoking the "run" button, use Shift-tab to move to
the tree view of
choices.  If you use the shift-tab then you will find the
tree view of
choices after you hear the page tabs announced.  Use down
arrow in the tree
view and check or uncheck items using the spacebar.  For
example, if you
don't want all cookies removed then be sure to uncheck the
cookies choice.
You can always remove tracking cookies with a different
program such as
Super Anti-
Spyware or Ad-Aware.  Keep using down arrow through the
choices in the tree
view and use spacebar to check or uncheck items.  the
checkmark means that
those types of items will be removed, if not checked then
those items will
be left alone.  I think you can feel pretty comfortable with
the default
settings, although if you don't want the recycle bin emptied
then you might
uncheck that item, or if you don't want "auto complete form
history" deleted
then you can uncheck that box, etc.  The only one I have
unchecked in the
Internet Explorer list of items is the cookies choice, as I
only want
tracking cookies removed.

If you use tab key to move to the page tabs and right arrow
to the
"applications tab", you can then use shift-tab to move back
to the tree view
and find a list of programs that have cached temporary files
that you can
remove.  If you want to uncheck any of these choices then
use down arrow and
uncheck the box, but I think that you probably will just
want to leave the
default settings.

After you have set your choices they will remain as set for
subsequent times
when you use the program.  Each time you run the program you
will only need
to use the run command by pressing Alt-R for the Windows
page of the dialog
and then move to the applications page and perform the run
command with
Alt-R.

Take care and have a great day!
Brian Lee

Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] C cleaner.
Hello Sue,
I recommend that you run the program manually because there
are two page
tabs in the program.  If you run it automatically with the
/auto switch, I
think that you will only be cleaning items in the Windows
page of the
program.  There is an "applications" page in the program
where cached items
from other programs are cleaned, which should be done after
cleaning the
items under the Windows page.  If you want to close the
program when
cleaning is finished you can go into advanced settings by
pressing Alt-O for
options and then using tab key to move to the advanced
button.  After
pressing spacebar on the advanced button you can tab to a
checkbox for
closing program when cleaning is complete and use spacebar
to check the box
or to remove the check mark.  Also if you press Alt-O and
then use tab key
to move to the settings button and press spacebar, you can
then use tab key
to move to a checkbox for starting the program when Windows
starts.

Another setting that you might or might not want to change
is in the
advanced settings of the program and is for only cleaning
items from the
Windows temp folders that are more than 48 hours old.  It is
simply a
checkbox that can be checked or not checked, but by default
it is checked.

Again, I recommend you manually do the scanning and scan in
both the Windows
and the Applications pages of the program.  In fact, I
noticed under
applications there are such items as Windows Defender,
regedit, Adobe
Reader, MSN Messenger, Sun Java, Office and others.

I might be wrong, but I think that if you perform the "run"
function when
you first start the program that it only will clean for the
page of the
program that is the active page.  If one run cleans both the
items in the
Windows page and the Applications page then of course an
autorun should work
well.

Take care.

Brian Lee