To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] JAWS 12 Video/Control Backspace Problem,Sony VAIO Laptop

That's interesting.
I also have Intel ® HD audio/video/graphic drivers and never had an issue.

Are you sure its not something with the video intercept manager?

On Jun 21, 2011, at 1:24 PM, Michael Hansen wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am using JAWS 12.0.1161 on a Sony Vaio VPCS131 laptop running
Windows 7 64-bit.  When I press control backspace to delete a word, I
get no feedback from JAWS.
This has been an ongoing problem since I got the laptop in January.  I
decided to call FS today to see if they could help, and was informed
that the problem was likely due to the integrated graphics hardware on
my computer.  I have an Intel HD Graphics card, and the latest drivers
are installed.  I have tried disabling the Intel HD Graphics driver
and doing a repair on JAWS, and the problem still exists.  I also have
NVIDIA graphics software on my computer, but uninstalling that did no
good.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might do to fix this
problem, or am I esencially out of luck?

Thanks,
Michael