I sometimes use my Kurzweil 1000 on an untagged and textual pdf (where there is no problem with JAWS) in order to find out more accurate information on layout of a page, (this being a newspaper. Some of the text is not where it should be on the page. K1000 does a better job than the free Adobe Reader, even if it's a little slower to get going.) Adobe's accessibility tools from the screen-reader's end do not solve all the problems we may encounter with pdf's, image or text.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nancy Feldman" <nancy_feld...@comcast.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2011 2:49 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] PDF Files

Hi Flor,

Thanks for the suggestion. I knew I could use OpenBook to convert image PDFs to something readable. Most of the PDFs I purchase actually have textual
content, though, it just comes out wrong.
M I able to use OpenBook to convert regular PDF documents?

I'm curious enough I guess I'll go find out right now.

Again, thanks for the idea.