From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Scorpio Forever
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2012 2:08 AM
To: Jaws Users List
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Shrink document to one page in Word 2010

Hi Folks,

I can't remember if I've asked this before, but thought I would bring it up
again in case someone has come along and knows how to do it.

Back in Word 2003, within the Print Preview window, there used to be a
toolbar button that would take various elements of a document like font,
line spacing, margin width and length and various other properties, and
alter them, upon command, of course, to bring everything to one page.

So, for example, if I had a document, let's say for argument's sake, this is
a formal letter to someone that is about so many words in length, and the
letter would take up only one page, if not for the signature line at the
bottom which seems to be showing up on the second page, which is not
professional in the least.

So, one would go into the file menu, enter on print preview, and, in the
resulting window, one would press the alt key to activate the menu bar, then
control+tab to get to the toolbar whereby you could move to the right and
enter on the button which had an image of multiple pages with an curved
arrow pointing to one page on the right side of the button.

I found this button to be a Godsend, especially where I was writing quick
format letters that would invariably creep onto the second page with my name
at the bottom.

Does anyone know if this feature has been moved over into Word 2010 and if
so, how does one go about getting to it?

I thought it was called fit to page, but that particular features seems to
do something completely different from what I need.

If anyone has any advice on what I have to do to get this feature back I
would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks all.

Scorpio