Hi Mike. How exactly do I assign wordpad to read .doc files? When I try to open a .doc file with wordpad, I just get a garbled mess. Thanks. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike & Barbara" <mb69ma...@charter.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2012 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] .doc files

Howdy Freijac,

You can assign WordPad to read .DOC files & if you have already done this,
try selecting all the text from the Word / WordPad file & paste into a
NotePad / text file, saving it, & naming it appropriately.  This will work
for you, until you can get a conversion program.  Hope this helps.  Take
care.
 Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: freijac