I am using office2010 (word and excel) The ribbons are easily navigated with the JAWS virtual ribbons feature. Even without Virtual ribbons turned on, the ribbons are no great problem. I would recommend however, that you take the free jaws training webinar on virtual ribbons, and also the free webinar on office2010 interface - it'll help get you over the hump learning this new interface.

To find these free webinars, from the JAWS main window, goto help/web resources/training headquarters.

There's alot of great training material on there. The paid webinar for word2010 is also well worth the money.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Miriam Vieni" <miriamvi...@optonline.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:49 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Ribbons

I have not upgraded to Jaws 14 yet and I've been using a very old version of Word, 2003, I think. I do have this Win7 computer. This old version of word needs to be replaced because it is not saving properly and it's losing data
in documents. I'm not sure which version uses Ribbons. But my question is,
are a lot of you using Virtual Ribbons and is that helpful?

Miriam