Hi,

Mike: thanks for the amended instructions and confirmation that it works. Fully exploring lists & dialogues is always a good idea.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike B." <mb69ma...@charter.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2013 5:03 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Open book and Putting Jaws To Sleep

Hi Flor & Julie,

Great idea / tip! I tried as you suggested but, when you shift + tab into the application list & find the application you want, you need to tab 1 time
into the Settings Center for that application.  Pressing enter on the
application closes the Settings Center. So, here is how I accessed the
Openbook Settings Center:
1. While in Outlook Express I pressed Insert key + 6, on the number row
above the main keyboard to open the Outlook Express Settings Center.
2. I invoked the keystroke, shift + tab, to get into the application list.
3. I pressed the letter O, until I had Openbook highlighted.
4. I tabbed 1 time into the Openbook Settings Center.
5. I Typed, sleep, into the search edit field & waited a few seconds for the
list to populate & arrowed down to Sleep Mode ..... miscellaneous.
6. Now, right here the spacebar needs to be pressed to toggle the options
until Jaws reports, sleep mode enable and unload the synthesizer.
7. Tab to apply, press the spacebar, tab to okay, press the spacebar to save
your changes & close.

Julie, give these steps a try & let us know what happens. Flor, thanks
again for your suggestion.  Hope this helped.
Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iBarstool.