I have always been a dedicated IE user but recently I have found that websites
that I need to sign in on or otherwise interact with on IE 9 don’t even show
the form boxes so I have started using Firefox for these sites. I have been
able to sign in with Firefox so I wanted to make Firefox my default browser.
But Firefox constantly freezes totally when it says it is being redirected to a
different website. It says to press alt A or control A to proceed but this
doesn’t work. It stops and only reads the title of the website. It will not
close at all. I have tried Alt F4 and tried going to file menu or using Jaws
cursor. Nothing helps or allows me to close the window. I have to do a forced
restart of the whole computer. I can’t even open a new tab of Firefox to finish
what I was doing. Today it happened when I clicked on a youtube link. When I
alt tab away from the frozen Firefox window and then back it only reads the
title of the page.
I have Win 7 home premium 64 bit, Jaws 14 and Firefox 19.0.
I have been slow to convert to Firefox but now I really want to use it out of
necessity and it constantly freezes. I don’t know what is showing on the screen
but in the window list is says minimized. Tried the alt space and x to maximize
the window but no response. Jaws cursor does nothing either.
I would really appreciate some advice from the group.
IE 9 seems to do less and less for me and now comparing the same windows on IE
and on Firefox it is really incredible that Firefox makes the websites so much
more accessible. So I need Firefox!!
Help, please.
Sherrie Gosling