From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of david
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2014 3:27 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Problems using function keys on a new computer

hello there;

just did a quick google search;

Recent Toshiba notebooks have seen a new Function (Fn) key layout that will
allow the shortcut functions to operate without having to hold down the Fn
key on the keyboard for convenience.

If you wish to revert to the original Function (Fn) key layout, please
follow the simple steps below:

1.      Click the START Button.

2.      Type in "HWSetup" into the search box then select the HWSetup option
in the list.

3.      In the new HWSetup window, select the KEYBOARD tab.

4.      Then change the selection in "Function Keys mode" to Standard F1 -
F12 mode.

5.      Click OK.

6.      It will then prompt you that changes will occur when you reboot the
notebook, you can select YES to reboot now or No to reboot at a later time.