That's the procedure I have just given in another message, except that I did not need to go into the BIOS to do it here.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve" <pipeguy...@gmail.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2014 6:04 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Problems using function keys on a new computer

Greg,

This is changeable in the BIOS, System Settings.

You can make that change in the UEFI from within Windows. In System Settings, look for a Keyboard tab, with choices like these:

Special function mode (Hold Fn first to use standard F1-F12 functions.)

Standard F1-F12 mode (Hold Fn first to use special functions.)

You want the latter standard function mode which gives you the normal f1-f12 functions unless you hold the function key down.

Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.

Steve
Lansing, MI