To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:46 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] total recorder podcast`

Hi Fanus and List:

To answer your query:

I purchased TR and Spin it Again well over 3 years ago, so I don't know the
current cost of these programs, but I am sure you will find that out on
their respective Web sites. I don't remember Spin it Again being very
expensive. I initially downloaded and installed it as a free and fully
featured trial (complete with annoying repeated background clicks and other
noises until the purchase (hence registration) was made!) when all those
noises were magically removed (lol)!!!
I found that Jaws was able to easily access almost all parts of this
program, except I found that the Preset Noise/Click suppression etc settings
areas were a little confusing for Jaws.
However, I now use it as my sole recording program, as it has a wonderful
"Recording Wizard" that will talk you through setting up recording levels
etc (and all other menus).
I use Spin it Again to not only do all of my initial audio recordings, but
it will also offer to chop the resultant large file into separate tracks.
However, I don't do that until after editing with Total Recorder.

As I mentioned previously, I found the Spin it Again Noise/Click etc
settings area confusing for Jaws, so consequently I only do straight audio
recording with no Noise filters used at all.

However, this is where Total Recorder Professional comes in:
It has an excellent Audio Restoration and Click and Noise Suppression " Add On", available as an optional extra from theTR site. This is absolutely well
worth it, as it is easily accessible with Jaws.
The Add ons will write themselves into the main menu areas, very handy.
I therefore do all of my Audio Restoration, Noise and  Click Suppression
easily by using Total Recorder Professional.

In Summary:

1. Record with Spin it Again to produce an unedited and unfiltered wave
file.
2. Using Total Recorder Professional, use this to do all general editing and
Audio Restoration, Click/Noise/Hiss etc editing as one file to minimise
time, then process this file back through the File Access area in Spin it
Again to chop and convert this larger file into separate audio tracks.(TR
will also do this, but I find Spin it Again excellent to do this).
3. If required, burn to a CD. (I prefer "Express Burn" to do this).
4. All my experiences and preferences of these three programs are purely
based on their respective best accessibility for Jaws, obviously all
excellent with Jaws.

I hope this is helpful.
I am also a musician (Technics Organ and Keyboard) so these 3 programs are
brilliant for my hobby.

Regards,

Colin

(NZ)