It is, as they might say, a compromise solution. It may work well in certain situations, i.e., when a virtual cursor is not involved; but not when it is. The JAWS cursor is a mouse pointer emulator, not a mouse pointer replacement. You've seen sighted folk use the mouse? They just know where and what to do with it, by seeing the pointer as they move on the screen. And there are certain areas the mouse will not go.

-----Original Message----- From: Maria Campbell
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2015 3:25 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Cursers with sighted users

Well then, I'm not sure what this key combo is good for.
How about invoking it when you reach the place you want your sighted
person to see where you are?
We know that when the virtual cursor is off JAWS works unpredictably.
I'm suggesting that there needs to be some type of mode where the
sighted and the blind are on the same page, so to speak.