I've occasionally gotten around the captcha problem by contacting the site which is blocking my access. Some sites are willing to manually sign me up if I request. After all, they benefit from having two more "eyes" to read their ads. Agree with your take on the audio messages. I used to givem a huge rugby try until I calculated my success rate and frustration level. Not worth doing any more. The kids have gotten really good at reading the captchas for me.