But you have to remember more shortcut keys, and more often, than in the past! It takes longer to move around the ribbons.

-----Original Message----- From: Kevin Lee
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 3:50 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Speaking of Office 2010?

this is true while the drop down menus were replaced by the ribbons the
shortcut keys still work, so if you remember the shortcut keys your fine!

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Pursley
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 7:25 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com

I think Landa nailed it.  As Microsoft Office became more complex, pull
down menus did not enable most users to see more than a few controls
without going to sub menus.  Hence, the ribbon, which had been in use in
other software products, was adapted to replace much of the top line
apparatus.  This said, not all ribbon controls are logical nor highly
visible either.  e.g. page renaming in Excel comes under a layer called
cells.  Fortunately, hot keys perform the most common functions in
office, bypassing the need to overheat the tab keys.