Thanks so much.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mike O'Brien
  To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
  Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2015 1:10 PM
  Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] trouble with downloading PDF documents on webpages

  Hi

  When you open a PDF document in  your browser, such as internet explorer,
  the PDF document will be opened in the browser by default.  In the browser,
  there is no option to save the PDF document in a different format.  But when
  you opened the saved PDF document, you were using Adobe Reader which has an
  option of saving the document in a different format, such as text.  But
  Adobe Reader has an option to be the program used even if you open the
  document from your browser.  With this option, when you open a PDF document
  from your browser, the choices to save in a different format such as text
  are available.  To set Adobe Reader to always be the program to open a PDF
  document, open Adobe Reader.  Then type alt+e to open the edit menu and up
  arrow 2 times to get to the accessibility sub-menu.  Press right arrow to
  open this sub-menu and then press down arrow one time to get to Setup
  Assistant and press enter.  This will open a 5 page dialog which allows you
  to choose accessibility options for screen readers, magnification programs
  or both.  Tab to the next button and press enter.  Do not press enter on the
  Use recommended settings and skip setup button.  The last four pages of this
  dialog allow you to set various accessibility options.  You navigate through
  those pages by pressing tab until you get to the next button and press
  enter.  The option we are looking for to always open a PDF document in Adobe
  Reader is on the last page, titled Display PDF documents in the web
  browser.  Make sure that this option is not checked.  Then tab to finish and
  press enter.