I did that with a piece of custom hardware when I was working. One of the field engineers made a splitter box for me. It had two inputs on one side and one output on the other side. The box was a plastic box about a little smaller than a cigarette package. Inside the wires from the sound card went to one side of the stereo jack for the headphones. The phone wires went to the other side along with the transceiver for the mike. At the time the cost was about $9 for the parts. If you know any ham radio operators they should be able to make one for you very easy. Also some of your computer support technicians may also be able to make the box. I retired in 1999 and about 2 years ago while cleaning up I tossed it. I had not needed it since I retired and then a few weeks ago I really could have used it when on the phone with an Apple support tech.

-----Original Message----- From: David Ferrin
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2015 9:57 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] JFW and balance of sound for headsets

I've been using JAWS for 19 years and so far have not encountered that
ability. Honestly though that might very well be an issue with sound card
technology more than anything else.

-----Original Message----- From: Boston, Jason W
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2015 8:33 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com

Hello all,
I was wondering if there is a way to force jaws to only play in the left or
right channel? I use a headset at work for calls and I would like it if I
could set at least jaws to only come to one ear and then I can set the phone
calls to be heard in the other ear. I have a very hard time listening to
jaws and the phone through the same ear.

Thanks,
Jason

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the
message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message
in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please
be aware that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving
and review by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.

David Ferrin
You don't have to be crazy to run a list like this, but it does help.