I worked for 26 years after having surgery for a tumor in left ear, with
reconstruction so I can hear some.  I was a medical transcriptionist and I
tried many things to put JAWS to my left ear so I could hear and my
dictation on the right.  Nothing was overly successful and required two
headphones at once which was uncomfortable.  The only thing that did not was
trying an audible mixer, however, I got a lot of static and hum, only wore
one set but it was clunky and after a couple of days I went back to having
Jaws often blast me out if the dictation was low volume.  I was annoyed by
it, often got headaches due to it but I stayed in the job until outsourced
in March this year.  I even went to outsourced company but there I had more
than just volume problems, everything they tried to assure me worked may
have somewhat or not at all and the rest is history ... retired, bored, but
not ready to jump into the medical transcription field at this point because
every platform, 90% of the other activities such as payroll, filling in
needed forms, being docked test scores on HIPA because they had images one
needed to select and no way of knowing what they were, having to call third
cousin to get into TeamViewer to assist me on more than one occasion in a
six week period left me emotionally and physically ill.
Husband passed in May 2014, received outsource plan in November 2014,
struggled with getting applications and other issues with pre-employment
solved with minimal assistance and on their time, not mine, then six weeks
of always being found wanting because aspect of software just did not work
put me in a very bad place.  Anyone who has had a pile-up in a several month
period should understand.

So, I wish there was a successful way to use one headphone set and keep Jaws
to one side at a volume needed not to distract but be there when needed did
exist.  However, I had one device that I had to hook two different earphones
in, both of which needed their own volume controls, worked except for
wearing two earphone at the same time for a while, until the headaches
became truly unbearable.
Inventors out there Dream up something with one headset, not too heavy,
noise canceling with ability to control different items at their own volumes
and ear and you could probably have several customers, not me so much now
that I retired earlier than my original plan, but there are others who could
use such a device, not Gerry rigged, packaged nicely internal mechanics,
digitalization etc. to work with cord in back to plug in or connect to
battery, plug in front for one earphone plug and maybe buttons or knobs for
control of sides, volume, maybe tone for each side and I know some MTs who
would jump for it.  Keep price down, of course.
Takers?  Not me, I know nothing about electronics other than to plug in,
connect and turn on, LOL.

Rose Combs
roseco...@q.com
A picture may be worth a thousand words but it takes up three times the
memory!