From: "Alan Robbins" <alan1...@me.com>
To: "Jaws-Users-List" <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 7:00 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] leasing a router versus purchasing one

Years ago I owned a Linksys router for our home network.
Then, we decided to bundle our phone service with internet &
TV. The cable company then installed their router and all
things functioned through the router. At that time the
router was simply part of the equipment and there was no
additional cost for having it. Quite some time back, they
started charging a monthly leasing fee. At first it was only
$3. Over time it went to $5, then $8 and now it is going to
$10 per month.

My question is I know there are very good routers out there.
What I'm interested in hearing from folks that own one is
when you are having any type connectivity issues, does your
cable provider simply blame your purchased  router and state
the problem is with that or do they actually come to the
house and inspect the cables etc.

Over the years I have had trouble with their router and the
cable lines/connections. I know if one chooses to purchase
their own router, the cable company will not touch it. So,
what I'm fearful of is if I have trouble, they are
automatically going to say it is the purchased router and
there is nothing they can do to correct the issue.

Al