Hi Christobal,

I did a little bit of research on Language settings in MS-Word2010 and
JAWS17, which you will find below.  Let me know if any of this helped.

How to use the language tools in MS-Word 2010.  On the Review Tab there are
2 submenus dealing with language.  It appears that within Language proofing
you can set word to recognize different languages within a Word doc or
Outlook message.  I'm not sure that this is going to help for individual
words, but maybe some combination of settings will help you out.  You can
get started with reading about some of this on the following Microsoft
support page

Turn on automatic language options - Office Support
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Turn-on-automatic-language-options-
194d309c-3e10-4bd5-a694-ba9bbdf4a28e

Within the JAWS Quick Settings, Insert+v, Reading Options, you will find a
setting for Language detection.  I'm guessing that you need to have this
checked.

While in an open Word doc, I used the JAWS command search tool,
Insert+Space, j, Language.  I found the following result that you might find
helpful:

Switch Input Language. CTRL + Shift
In Control Panel's Regional and Language Options, one can add additional
input languages. Typically, ALT+SHIFT is the keystroke used to switch
between multiple language inputs. This keystroke speaks the new layout

An additional search in the JAWS HELP provided the following:

Language Detection in Word
As you navigate or read text in a document containing multiple languages,
JAWS attempts to switch synthesizer languages automatically. This
functionality is available with Eloquence, Vocalizer Expressive, or SAPI5
synthesizers, as long as the following three conditions are true:

The synthesizer in use supports the required language
Appropriate language-specific voices are installed
In Microsoft Word, the text has been properly marked to indicate the
language in use
If your speech synthesizer does not support the language in use, JAWS will
continue using the voice and language as specified in your current profile,
and will also alert you to the language prior to speaking the respective
text.

Language detection and switching is honored by all speech functions, except
text selection and backspacing. Language switching will not work if you use
the JAWS Cursor.

It is recommended that you have all Word language modules that you intend to
use installed before using this feature. In order for the text to be marked
correctly, we recommend that you install and use language-specific keyboard
layouts. For example, installing a German keyboard layout under Regional and
Language Options, and then switching to this keyboard layout whenever you
wish to write in German, will mark the text appropriately in Microsoft Word.
For English, be sure to switch back to your English keyboard language. This
also applies to composing messages in Outlook 2007 or later since Outlook
uses Microsoft Word as its default message editor.

Note: If your system does not have Word language files installed, you are
prompted to put the Word CD in the drive. Once you have installed the
language files, you do not receive this prompt again.

To set text language manually in Microsoft Word, do the following:

Select text of a specific language in the document.
In Word 2010, select Language and then Set Proofing Language from the Review
tab.
In Word 2007, select Set Language from the Review tab.
In Word 2003, open the Tools Menu, select Language, and then select Set
Language.
Select the correct language and check the Detect Language Automatically
check box.
You can also select the check box that says Do not check spelling or
grammar.
Select the OK button.
Repeat these steps for each section of text in a different language from the
default document language.
The language detection option within Quick Settings is on by default. To
disable this option, Press INSERT+V, move to Language Detect Change, and
press SPACEBAR.

Note: All languages supported by the Eloquence software synthesizer are
installed by default.

To download additional Vocalizer Expressive languages, visit the Vocalizer
Expressive Voices page.

HTH,
Annette