After you delete a hot key assignment, you have to restart your computer for the change to take effect. So after you delete the hot key Alt-Control-J for JAWS 16, restart your computer and then reassign it to JAWS 17.

Gerald

-----Original Message----- From: Kimber Gardner
Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2016 7:32 AM
To: jaws-users-list
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Trouble assigning a hot key for jaws 17

Hi All,

I had control-alt-J assigned as my hotkey for jaws 16, but I wanted to
reassign it to jaws 17. I went into properties under jaws 16 and
deleted the key assignment, only each time I try assigning that key
combo to jaws 17 in the property dialogue, instead of assigning the
keystroke it starts up jaws 16.

When I open the property dialogue under 16, it shows no hotkey
assigned. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Kimber

--