Mario,

Yes, that's a good point. That way, the actual application is not invoked.

Dave Carlson

From: "Mario" <mrb...@hotmail.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2016 07:29 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Trouble assigning a hot key for jaws 17

Kimber, in my experience, when you attempt to assign the hotkey using
the control+alt keys, just press the letter because control+alt is the
assumed modifier Windows believes you want to use plus the letter you
type. for example, you want to use control+alt+j as the hotkey to start
JAWS, just press the letter j when you get to the field to assign the
shortcut.

if you want to use a diferent combination, that's when you have to press
all the keys you want. for example, you want to use control+shift+j
instead, press all three keys to overide the default of control+alt+ the
letter of your choice.

hth