Hi,

Your idea is a great one.  It is so frustrating when you are trying to
format a document and somehow you fail to apply the same attributes to each
desired set of text.

I did a little bit of research and have not found a solution to accomplish
the selection of non-continuous text in a Word document.  I was hoping that
one of the F8 Extended Selection Mode commands were going to work in word as
they do in a drop down list, or something like that.  The only thing that I
could find in the JAWS help about using F8 is the following:

Selection Mode: F8 is used to turn Extended Selection mode on. Subsequent
presses of F8 select the current word, sentence, paragraph and document.
JAWS announces the unit being selected and the text of that unit. Other
navigational keys can also be used to extend the selection. Use ESC to exit
Extended Selection Mode.

I thought there were other commands such as Shift+F8, Control+F8 and/or
Shift+Control+F8, but I could not find any references to this in any of the
JAWS17 help options.

My next thought is to see if it is possible to use some combination of the
mouse keyboard commands to simulate what sighted users do with the mouse.
I'll add it to my list of things to try out when I have some time.

Annette