Tammy, I wonder if FS asked about the amount of RAM installed on your laptop.
JAWS is a memory hog.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of Tammy
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 4:46 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Jaws jamming up my computer

Here's something for you to scratch your head over.  Grin!  I am running Jaws
17 on a Windows 8.1 laptop.  Randomly, Jaws will jam up my computer.  I can't
do anything with it until it lets me.  When it finally gives in, I can get
other sounds on it but I have to relaunch Jaws.  Ok, I go to the desktop and
launch it from there.  Every time it pops up the user interface asking if I
want to allow this program to make changes to my computer.

This is geting very old and annoying!  I have already worked with Microsoft
accessibility and FS.

I had esset, Norton and Avast removed from my system.  The only anti virus I
have is windows defender.  FS upgraded my Jaws from 14 to 17.  The problem 1st
started with 14.  Problem continues.  Ok, I would love to hear your opinions.

Thanks so much!