David,

Are you running the old PICK R83 on a PC?  Let's be clear about Dan and
Richard's suggestions.  VERIFY-SYSTEM (O) will overwrite the existing
checksums with the value of the current ABS, not the "norm".  If you have
corrupted or non-standard ABS, the checksums for those ABS is what will be
used.  Yes, the system will "verify" but it does not change the behavior of
the system from what it is now.  If the system is stable and working
properly Dan's suggestion is a good option.  It will relieve you from the
worry of the ABS not verifying and the system will continue to operate.  If
however, as Richard suggests, there are some ABS that are not as they
should be, running VERIFY-SYSTEM (O) will only mask the problem.  Do you
know if there are any "custom" ABS frames that are not provided with the
release of R83?  Those could come in the form of JET, COMPU-SHEET,
INFOLINKE, SCREEN-GEN and other such applications.  In the case of those
you would need to MLOAD those ABS frames from the object.

Dick