Tony (and David),

First, the TRS-80 Model I rules.  Long live the Trash-80!  That was my
first computer and where I learned BASIC.  I converted the old horse race
game from a Microdata to the Trash-80 then modified it so that the horses
races based on odds then paid off the same way.  That is how I got into
this industry.  The VAR that had sold that Microdata saw what I did and
told me that if I ever wanted a job to call him.  2 1/2 years later, I did
and the rest as they say his history.

Second, while you are correct in your comment, maybe David should have
asked where to post it but I for one was not offended that he "polluted"
this group.  It was a heck of a lot more related than your pollution and I
was OK with that too.  Occasional straying from proper etiquette is OK with
me.  The only change I would have asked David to add was that he didn't
know any better place to ask the question.  Sometimes, your horse is just
too high, my friend.  How is that for shooting you down but making it OK
because we are "friends".  (The high horse comment was tongue in cheek in
case anyone does not read that into my obvious tone of text here...)

Third, I guess my trip down memory lane polluted the group too.  My
apologies to anyone who may have been offended by my words, your perception
of my words or any thoughts that you may have had because of my words or
thoughts that I may have had or not had that caused you to be offended in
any way.

Dick