Scott wrote:

> I would rather not have knowledge of 3rd party app server deployment
> descriptors in the core JBoss code as it would only complicate understanding
> of how the jboss.xml and standardjboss.xml descriptor are used. Its a fine
> idea but it could be implemented via a utility that transformed the app
> server specific jar into a jar with a jboss.xml descriptor.

 Providing WL -> JBoss compatibility is an excellent idea.

 I think that a "deployment conversion/translation utility" would be the way
 to go, however.   The utility could hopefully be expanded to deploy apps
 packaged for other servers.

 This approach might not be as intellectually stimulating as hacking the
 deployer, but I agree with Scott that this logic belongs outside of the core.

 Tom