Hey,

> I integrated the JBossSX patched jars and tagged everything under
> jboss with Rel_2_2_1 for now. If you have something that should
> be integrated into the 2.2.1 release I believe the correct proceedure
> is:
>
> 1. Check out the 2.2.1 version:
> cvs co -r Rel_2_2_1 jboss

I think the best is to always checkout the most recent code on the branch,
so
cvs co -rBranch_2_2 jboss

The tag Rel_2_2_1 only now points to the same code, but won't anymore when
another commit on the branch is done.

> 2. Make your changes
>
> 3. Commit your changes
> cvs commit ...
>
> 4. Move the Rel_2_2_1 tag from within the jboss root directory
> cvs tag -F Rel_2_2_1

My idea of using the Rel_x_y_z tags was related to merging only, so those
tags are "internal" and go their way, separated from the JBoss_x_y_z tags
that instead represent a "public" release.
So, instead of moving the tag with 'cvs tag -F' I would then just make
another tag
cvs tag Rel_2_2_2 (from jboss root directory)
and then after another patch tag again, cvs tag Rel_2_2_3, and so on, and
*then* a JBoss_2_2_1[_Final] tag. Given the last discussion about FINAL I
agree we can drop it. This way we always have tags that refer to a
particular patch, and we can checkout the code prior to the patch, after it,
thing that would be not possible if we moved the tag with 'cvs tag -F'.
Do you agree ?

> I'm thinking of
> doing the 2.2.1 release
> next Monday night at which point we'll add a JBoss_2_2_1_Final tag.

Right.

Cheers,

Simon