on 1-09-26 22.33, Jason Dillon at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Anyways, the class loader stuff is nice, as it makes it easy to pull in
> files, but it sucks when you really need to work with a set of files.  We
> can build a system to make accessing such a set network transparent
> (based on http, rmi, whatever).

> Lets not reinvent to wheel... it is a really good design.  Lets worry about
> the vehicle and try to find quality parts which will work out of the box or
> with minor modifications (forks).

Do not know if I follow - but if we wanted to store the filesystems
structure -in db -then be able to get a distributed filesystem viuw that way
? ...

***
hsqldb v.1.61 Find File demo application
This application searches files in a database.
First, the database must be initialized with a path. All files of this
directory and all its subdirectories will be stored in the database. After
this is done, the database can be searched for files that match a specific
pattern.
***

/peter_f