Amen.

FWIW, I think the major advantage of the EJB framework over e.g. using JDO
is that, especially in the jboss environment, it is very simple to do
(limited) meta-class programming. The EJB spec uses this for transactions
and security, Scott uses it for Security Proxies, I have used it to apply
rules to method invocations.  The possibilities for this have barely begun
to be scratched.  On the other hand this is what you get with any
interceptor based invocation architecture-- so why _are_ ejbs so good
anyway?

david jencks