Why do you need to know anything about buildmagic to build JBoss?  All you
do is `cvs get jboss-all` and `build/build.sh` that is it.  Why would it be
any different to build a debian package (or any package for that matter).

If you are setting up a seprate environment that does not use build.sh or
build.bat then you are bound to run into problems, or at least maintenece
when those change.

Perhaps you can explain a bit more about how you are building the .deb to
clear things up for me.

--jason