Jiri,

do not overquote please

> David,
>
> 100% agree with you! Our architecture consists of
> independent services
> having their own build and runtime configuration.
> However we also do a
> master build that dynamically composes the services
> into one
> deployment configuration.
> In 3.0 it just means copying specified archives (with
> *-service.xml
> inside) to the deploy directory. Clean and
> straightforward!
> In 2.x we had to create an additional ANT's task that
> was merging the
> configuration of each service into one master
> jboss.jcml file. Messy!

Having 10 configuration files for newbies is a clear mistake.  It is that simple.

We are not saying that we will prevent you from shipping many xml services, as they
are very useful. The microkernel is there to allow hotdeploy of independent services.

> On the other hand, we are experiencing the same issue
> as Bill with the
> need to invoke our EJB from a MBean as soon as the
> EJB is
> deployed/available.

An EJB is soon going to be an MBean so MBean refs will be usable.