Francisco

we already support the multiple configuration thing by passing the directory
as an argument

run jetty runs with the jetty configuration
run tomcat runs with the tomcat conf

what we change are the jboss.jcml (in 2.4) and the standardjboss.xml, this
is what they are they for (congrats on finding it out :)

That being said I never thought of the "mixed mode" where you need IIOP and
JRMP, making the invocation layer the root of the configuration sounds a bit
odd at this point (but we never know).  I say let people use this stuff if
they come back with a request that looks vaguely like your idea then we
could probably think about the mixed mode.

Again, switching mode is done at the command prompt already

marcf