One thing to consider with the clustering argument is that there are
very many ways to skin that cat.  I can get plain-jane stand-alone
Tomcat to scale sufficiently, and without too much work.  I guess once
you get to distributed transactions, you need something better, that
built-in clustering would support.  But, for simple scaling / load
balancing and typically including session affinity, there are approaches
that can be taken without needing built-in clustering support.  (Read
Bill Burke's article for one way to do it - there are many).  What that
gets you is truly the 95%, even including "enterprises".

WebLogic and WebSphere are good products, but that whole
price/performance thing makes JBoss better in my mind.

>>> Yannick Menager <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 3/27/02 4:40:33 PM >>>
Yes, that is true, but we are talking about J2EE application server
.... Java 2 _enterprise_ edition.... and for such a server requires at
least
clustering support ( even though I must admit weblogic 5.x didn't even
reach those basic requirements as they didn't support distributed
transactions ).
I would not pronouce myself and how JBoss 3.0 compares with wls 6.0 or
websphere, since 3.0 isn't finished yet. But the 2.4 series isn't in the
same category
as application servers like those mentioned.