Not exactly, Bill.  By default the mapping should just return the
default mapping requested by the system.  If and only if the user wants
to run multiple copies of JBoss on a single machine, do they add a
configuration mapping to the mapper.

I should be no more complex then what we currently have with the ability
to centrally mange ports. This is the best of both worlds if you ask me.

Anyway, GUIs need to run on top of JMX (configuration files), because
not all hardware has a graphical display.

-dain