> sites, but know little about JBoss.  I came here to learn
> about a year ago
> but left, not feeling welcome.  Not crying, just letting you
> know.  I have

you *are* crying.  Look there are really 3 ways to get seriously into
the codebase.

1- Go dig bugs.  You can't imagine the number that still come out of the
blue saying "bug here, fixed".  JBoss is not a magical whole with a
magic formula where TADA you know it all. It is a collection of loosely
coupled modules and some of the problems are skin deep.  Fixing bugs is
the simplest way

2- Buy the documentation (development). In fact that doco is really
targeted at you guys, you can read all of it to know everything that is
going on module by module.

3- Come to a training and get certified.  Let's face it the only way you
are going to spend a week solid learning about JBoss is if you take a
week off and train yourself.  That is also how we make our living so
really it is the best solution for everyone.

FYI I gave 2 passwords RW JUST today, one to a person working on the XA
stuff with David (bug fixing and good work) and the other one to a star
student of the palma training who had already submitted 3 fixes and
showed great understanding (shouldn't say "student" since michael is
probaly 40 :).  Both are extremelly promising and producing top code.

So stop crying, I am totally unimpressed by your "story", just get going
and do it, there are many ways to get in.

Get in, I hope to see you at the next hosted training.

marcf