In all honesty Dain, I don't think this is a simplification.  And Hiram's
right.  Attaching interfaces with the aspect framework should give you the
functionality you want here of adding read-ahead apis.  How would it get
into the invocation?  Easily....Its just another invocation on the
invocation stack.  A client interceptor intercepts the setReadAhead method,
and stuff 500 into some variable.  With regular calls, that same interceptor
attaches the read-ahead value into the invocation object.  CMP picks up the
value from the invocation if it is there.