Peter Fagerlund wrote:
onsdagen den 13 november 2002 kl 23.56 skrev Dain Sundstrom:

public interface MetaDataRepository {
   MetaDataRepository getParent();
   void setParent(MetaDataRepository parent);
   Object get(Object attributeKey);
   void set(Object attributeKey, Object value);
}

maybe add
void setJDBCBackend(url, u, p);
void serConf(path);
Implementation detail.

The final problem is how do we keep this repository in sync with the physical store. For this I would guess we need some sort of listener or notification system. This isn't one of my current problems so I haven't thought about it too much.

hmmm ... me thinks hsqldb is way underused as a admin tool in jboss today ... hehe ... i am biased ... yes ...

hsqldb has a pluggable listener called Trigger.class with one method public void fire(String trigName, String tabName, Object row[]);

so when an jboss instance starts ... it would ofcource need some core configuration either as a xml-file or class.ser ? then one could start a "jdbc:hsqldb:hsql:." instance and go get configuration - also when db changes it will notify other db's throughout *hsqldbr and there is our "distributed metadata repository" ... all sql, all libs in there already ... cool ...
Sure, but to me this is just an implementation detail of whatever repository the admin decides to use.

-dain