I've hit a similar problem. Except with the testing.

Here's an example:

The kernel project contains some tests that use JBoss common's JBossXB
implementation.
It works fine for compilation in that all I need to include is jboss-common.jar.

But when it comes to do testing, I need to include the other dependencies
of jboss-common.jar for it to be able to instantiate the classes, namely
(in fact I only need a subset of these):

  |          <include input="commons"/>
  |          <include input="concurrent"/>
  |          <include input="dom4j"/>
  |          <include input="jaxme"/>
  |          <include input="log4j"/>
  |          <include input="regexp"/>
  |          <include input="slide"/>
  |          <include input="wutka"/>
  |          <include input="xerces"/>

With the current build, this isn't a problem (I suppose it depends how you
define problem)
because the testsuite module just includes nearly all the modules and most of
thirdparty.

But I was thinking we could do better than that this by adding the dependencies
the manifest of the jar.
e.g. jboss-microcontainer.jar would have
Class-Path: jboss-common.jar, concurrent.jar

We could then automatically add these artifacts to the classpath when
running tests.

This information could also be useful at runtime, potentially allowing the
microcontainer to prevalidate the class dependencies.

Whether we use the spec defined Class-Path manifest entry (which has some
semantics
we may not desire) or define our own entry is up for debate.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3862994#3862994

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3862994