Ok. So the problem now is that we need somewhere to specify project defaults,
like the repository location and top level release id/version.

In some circumstances, you probably wouldn't want the top level defining the 
version,
e.g. aop-1.1 in 3.2.x or 4.0.x is still aop-1.1
You probably still want to know the top level build that built/included the 
file?
I think we need to define what information we need in the manifest and who
puts it there. 
e.g. If I download a thirdparty jar, do I still tag it with my main release id? 
Probably yes.
e.g.2. does jbossmq get tagged with its own version besides the top level 
release
ids it is included in, probably yes
etc.

Don't forget that some projects/jars although source projects will actually
get included in multiple top level builds/versions as binaries, e.g. AOP or 
Cache.

In terms of the repository, I don't see a problem with each module defining its 
own
repository/cvs. The issue is keeping that in step with reality.
e.g. Suppose I copy a binary from one repository to another, who updates the 
xml?
Same problem with the cvs location.

I think this will be more important for the full synchronize?
e.g. 
1) Download jbossas and tools
2) cd jbossas
3) ant synchronize
4) Download from the repository component info for each source project which 
gives the cvs info
5) checkout each project from cvs

e.g. Does a problem occur if the component info from cvs disagrees with the 
repository's version. Probably?

If everything is specfied correctly, there will be no problem.

View the original post : 
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3873835#3873835

Reply to the post : 
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3873835


-------------------------------------------------------
SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide
Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT Products from real users.
Discover which products truly live up to the hype. Start reading now.
http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=6595&alloc_id=14396&op=click
_______________________________________________
JBoss-Development mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jboss-development

Reply via email to