ok... now it worked and i was able to connect to github - thanks!!!
BUT - the maven release failed with:
[INFO]
[INFO] [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] [INFO]
[INFO] [INFO] Error deploying artifact: Failed to transfer file:
http://maven.jenkins-ci.org:8081/content/repositories/releases/org/jenkins/plugin/templateWorkflows/template-workflows/1.0/template-workflows-1.0.hpi.
Return code is: 401
[INFO]

i'm starting to think that it was easier to write the plugin than uploading
it :)

Shai