I have been discussing the plugin for sometime over email.

I'll CC Rob and the others...

Paul

On 17 Apr 2014, at 16:59, Jesse Glick <jgl...@cloudbees.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 11:51 AM, Paul Allen <pal...@perforce.com> wrote:
>> Whilst the new plugin provides all the basic SCM functions, it is not yet as
>> feature rich.  We plan to add features [...]
>>
>> [...] perhaps there is a way to branch (fork) the old codebase into a legacy
>> area?
>
> A bit more work, but arguably better for users, would be to include
> the new refactored implementation inside the existing plugin (in trunk
> versions). For a time, users of the plugin would see two SCM
> options--Perforce (v1) and Perforce (v2)--with somewhat different
> configuration UIs and functionality. They could experiment with
> switching to v2, or go back for a while, on a project-by-project
> basis. You could even decide that v1 configurations restricted to a
> certain set of commonly used features would be safe to automatically
> upgrade (i.e., readResolve) to a v2 configuration. Eventually the v1
> implementation could be dropped, or rather exist only as a class with
> a readResolve method.
>
> This is of course assuming that the current maintainer(s) of
> perforce-plugin are aware of your effort and on board with it.

you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please
note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Perforce Software. Finally,
the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. Perforce Software accepts no liability for any damage caused by any
virus transmitted by this email.

Perforce Software UK Ltd is registered in England and Wales as company no.
3816019 at the following address: West Forest Gate, Wellington Road, Wokingham,
RG40 2AT, UK