Hi Guys,

Sorry I han't been checking email over the Easter break.

I like Kohsuke Kawaguchi's idea of running the two together, it will allow user
to try out the now plugin and provide feedback.  I'm not sure how easy it would
be to provide a migration path for each Build Job's configuration, but this
would simplify adoption.

... Just seen Jesse's post; perhaps I don't appreciate the differences.
Allowing the two code bases to co-exist (effectively two plugins in one).  The
UI can than just show Perforce-1 / Perforce-2; as we progress this could change
to Perforce-Deprecated / Perforce, then finally just Perforce.

[Steve RE: Credentials]
The new plugin extends Jenkins Credentials into two new types.  Perforce
Password credential and Perforce Ticket credential; these both support SSL and
P4TRUST finger prints.  I did look at the password and SSL credentials, but
Perforce has some specifics P4TICKETS etc..

I had tried to make the SCM polling more efficient and letting Perforce manage
it's own workspaces, after all this is what Perforce was designed to do.  I was
not aware of the 'SCM-API', is there any docs/guide like:

  https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/SCM+plugin+architecture

As Oleg mentioned there are features that I haven't had time to port; these
shouldn't take long but I would like to involve the community and especially
the authors.

I'm back in on Tuesday; will try and keep an eye on the posts...

Thank you all for your involvement, I'm pleased there is so much interest and
help.

Kind regards,
Paul