> Ant is not in a plugin, so renaming 'ant' to 'ant-plugin' would just be
> confusing. The same applies to 'cli' -- they are both (currently) part of
> jenkins.war, so should probably be merged into 'core'.

https://github.com/jenkinsci/ant-plugin
BTW, there're some core-related issues, hence I propose to use the
"Untriaged" state to review issues

Also, GitHub repos can be renamed -- I've done it. Is there a restriction
> (e.g. only repos that are not yet an certain age, or not too popular, ...)
> or why do you write we cannot do that?

I agree, the GitHub repos renaming is not a part of the thread. Just an
off-topic...
The renaming was a non-recommended operation on GitHub for a long time, but
seems it works well now. "In addition to redirecting web traffic, all git
clone, git fetch, or git push operations targeting the previous location
will continue to function as if made on the new location" (
https://help.github.com/articles/renaming-a-repository). Seems that
renaming is safe for users and automation flows. We could try the renaming
on several unpopular plugins like *junit-realtime-test-reporter*.

We could also fork a repo according to comments from Alex, but all user
forks will reference the initial repo => there will be additional efforts
to adjust the security and to handle pull-requests to legacy repositories.
The renaming seems to be preferable if it works well.