Awesome.
Thanks for the feedback Daniel.

So you are totally right about the backwardness of my examination of the
the left action menu.
The thing is that I am investigating at two levels, how does the code work
and thus what is feasible, and then what is actually desirable. What I am
showing in my screenshot is just an affirmation that splitting out the left
actions menu is reasonably easy to accomplish and converting it into a
bootstrap navigation bar is also fairly straight forward.

To the question of does it make sense, your responses are super helpful.
If I am summarizing your responses correctly, you are basically saying that
you are sceptical that it make sense, as the UX model Jenkins follows is
that the user navigates into a context, and then the actions present
themselves in the left menu based on their relationship to that context,
and that makes sense and is good.

My thought that it might make sense is based on a general feeling about
UIs, that they should in general not hide or remove fundamental tools when
the app state changes. That's not to say this is an iron rule, but in
general, the less buttons jump around as an app shifts state, the easier it
is to find and remember what buttons do what.

For picking out actions of fundamental importance, it is definitely true
that this set (if it even exists in Jenkins) will likely change based on
user role and plugin set. None-the-less, in my own use, some actions, like
going straight to the console-out of the most recent build within a job,
are so fundamental and repeated that making that button big and not require
any drill-down that they are maybe worthy of special designation.

...but again, that is really an ask.
Can Jenkins benefit from the general principle that bigger buttons and few
clicks for most common actions is good?
If so, does anyone have their own list of actions that they do a lot but
find tedious, or remember them being difficult to discover when they were
first starting out?