@Ullrich -- I love your post, as it fits with my suspicions. Tom is right
that a lot can be accomplished via CSS, not all of which is just window
dressing, but the concern I share is that if the communities top concerns
are things like screen performance, control complexity, and clarity of what
the standards are and even how the component code works, it likely sends
the wrong message when we invest in things like fonts and icons. Again,
that isn't to say we shouldn't also look at the fonts and icons, but that
can't be all we do.

Ullrich, correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like you would be willing
to accept some level of plugin compatibility risk to see some improvement
and modernization in the Jenkins UX and an enhancement to the tool set that
allows for the construction of future UIs?