and IIRC GitLab calls an Organisation/Team for Group and merge requests
instead of pull requests, but it's still the same thing in the end.

But the terminology chosen is imho quite important, because teams adopt the
terms used by their tools in everyday "shop talk". So I find that it's
quite important that there are as many commonalities as possible and
Jenkins should try to use the same terms as the scm it is modelling, at
least in the UI, or confusion will arise.

/B

On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 2:42 PM, domi <d...@fortysix.ch> wrote:

> A team in BB is pretty much the same as an organization in GH. I know the
> current implementation is based in GH proprietary implementations, but I
> just wanted to say that this is maybe possible to generalize. E.g. The
> organization/team is used to distinguish and group repositories on both GH
> and BB, also both are part of the git repository url. Also both support
> PRs. So from an outside perspective I don' see why the concepts of this
> plugins would not work for both (independent of how the are currently
> implemented).
> Also, think about it - at many places in IT we talk about being
> independent of any vendor stuff. How about being able to switch from BB to
> GH or anywhere else but not having to change anything in the build pipeline
> except the repo url?
> /Domi
>
> > Am 05.03.2016 um 10:54 schrieb Manuel Jesús Recena Soto <
> rec...@gmail.com>:
> >
> > Hello Domi,
> >
> > GitHub uses: Organization, repository, collaborator, etc..
> > BitBucket uses: Team, repository, groups, etc..
> >
> > I'm not sure how to generalize all these services and products.
> >
> > Additionally, this plugin declares a dependency with
> > github-branch-source. It seems clearly focused on GitHub.
> >
> > Regards,

> >> Would it be possible to generalize this GH stuff a bit more? From what
> I know, most git hosting services have the notion of
> organizations,repos,PRs... eg. GH,Bitbucket,gitlab?,gitblit?
> >> I know GH is the most prominent, but ... yeah...
> >> /Domi

> here if anyone is interested.

> https://github.com/jenkinsci/github-organization-folder-plugin/pull/1

> >> --