> On 31.08.2016, at 15:50, Christopher Orr <ch...@orr.me.uk> wrote:

> value is used — searching ?maintainers=<id> works fine.  e.g. "orrc" gives
> the expected results, but "Christopher Orr" returns multiple Christophers.

Both work. Sometimes we only have one or the other, so it's tolerant in what it
can search for. It tries to always show the name if available though.

> I also noticed a bunch of wiki HTML problems, some of which were already
> mentioned.  But mainly I was impressed how well the HTML display works
> already :)

The power of scraping rendered pages! (And all of the issues you're seeing
directly follow from that…)

> Also, all install graphs seem to have a hardcoded minimum Y value of 10000
> installs — way above that of most plugins.

That's an interesting observation. Anyone else has comments on this? This was a
contested issue between Gus and me as well, so feedback on this would be
appreciated.

> I’m not sure why there’s a prominent "Download" button, given than nobody
> should ever be downloading plugins from this site.  There should preferably
> be a link to some instructions, telling people how to install plugins.

Good point. Manually downloading is miserable due to dependencies etc., so
maybe a popup explaining how to install in Jenkins (and bury a download link
somewhere if the user insists -- e.g. for offline instances) would be useful.

I wonder whether we can do something like let users specify their Jenkins URL
on the plugin site in HTML 5 local storage, and add a "install this" (like
"tweet this") URL to Jenkins that the site redirects to. That way, they can
discover plugins and almost seamlessly install them.

> What does the "Recently installed" list on the home page mean?

It's what I was referring to as "trending" plugins in my initial post: The math
is still work in progress, but the idea is to show these three lists:

1. The most popular plugins (most installations total) -- right now it's mostly
what was bundled before, but that should flatten out after a while. It'll still
be driven by recommended plugins in the wizard, but not as much as bundling did
before.
2. Recent releases. Because new things (both plugins and updates) are
interesting.
3. Trending plugins (which are rapidly growing their relative installation
counts) -- we need to be careful not to place the plugin that grew 10x from 10
installs to 100 installs first, but going rapidly from 2000 to 2500 (+25%) from
one month to the next is impressive and makes the plugin very interesting.